Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Regulations, Why?

First of all when I’m talking rules and regulations I am not talking politics that is a totally different subject. That being said the rules, the regulations, and guidelines set–up by both professional organizations and governments are important they serve a number of functions. One of which is to protect not only the practitioners of those fields but also the practitioner’s clients. As a patient you go to your physician knowing that he has been properly trained, he has the knowledge and the skills to do his job . You would not go to your physician to build your house but you would go to the physician if you had the flu. So has Hypnotists we follow the National Guild of Hypnotists guidelines in accordance with government regulations. In this case, the regulations I follow are from the government of Ontario Canada where I practise. This not only protects me but it also protects my clients. They know that they can come to me and that I will not be practising beyond my qualifications, they are safe. I am a Certified Consulting Hypnotist. I am not a counsellor. I am not a medical doctor I do not treat depression. I do not treat any emotional or mental disorder that should be treated by a physician or a psychologist. I would and must refer in those cases to the appropriate health care practitioner. I am a Hypnotist who coaches and motivates my clients to achieve the goals that they want to achieve and help solve the problems that they want to solve by motivating and guiding. By following the Guild’s guidelines and government regulations, I protect both myself and my clients. All clients should be aware of this, for rights are important. The Guidelines are set-up to ensure safety for all and all practising Hypnotists should be aware of the guidelines enforced by their province of state.

No comments:

Post a Comment